Thursday, January 24, 2013

Review: One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy


I am so lazy I've basically just posted the same review to Goodreads and Amazon.


This book is exactly what I needed right now.

You know how you'll read a book, and at the end you feel just emotionally shit kicked? But not in the good wow-what-an-awesome-book way? You feel like someone just dragged you through gravel and there's still some stuck in your skin..

Well, I had just finished a book that left me feeling just like that. And I needed another book to erase that crappy feeling.

Dear Monica Murphy, I <3 you.

With the first three words "Too caught up" I was restored.

I loved this story. I loved Drew (poor screwed up and screwed over Drew)
I really loved Fable (who really is just one awesomely relatable chick)
But most of all I loved how REAL their story was.
I could see Drew, and I could see how what happened effed him up, and how someone like Fable was just what he needed.
It felt real, occassionally raw, but never needlessly brutal or forced.
And how the hell did Monica Murphy manage to make me smile at the end? It was beautiful, and sweet and redemptive.

I highly, highly, highly recommend this book. My only real criticism?

It was over too soon!
I could have gladly wallowed around in their world until I got all pruney. So I am greatly anticipating book 2.

...win..


Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment